Time for another Kelly original. I make these bars when I want to eat dessert everyday without feeling guilty about it. They are made with healthy, wholesome ingredients and still taste great.
I’ve subbed canned pumpkin for the sweet potato before and have also used other flours, so feel free to use what you have on hand. I always add the white chocolate chips so that these still feel like a dessert but you can always leave them out if you want a healthier snack or breakfast bar. The only negative thing about them is that they aren’t very photogenic! As usual, enjoy!
Sweet Potato Oat Bars
– heaping 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
– 1/2 cup maple syrup
– 1 Tbls melted earth balance or smart balance
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp flax meal
– 1 cup oat flour
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 cup oats
– 1/2 cup white chocolate chips*
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine sweet potato, maple syrup, earth balance, vanilla, baking powder and flax meal.
3. Add oat flour, oats and cinnamon.
4. Stir in white chocolate chips.
5. Press into 8×4″ baking pan and bake for 25 minutes.
*If you’d like to make these bars vegan, leave out the white chocolate chips or try to find vegan ones.